Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

So this is a late one... It is almost the 11th, but for now it is still the 10th... This cold is really beating me down physically... I didn't roll out of bed until 11 am this morning and still felt like I could have slept for another 3 hours... BUT, the damn borough was out cleaning up the snow piles I think because all I could hear was back up alarms and the roar of diesel truck motors... So, out of bed I rolled my tired body... It was really hard to walk today for some reason... I don't know why... The temperature was warmer, but it was raining... Maybe it was because of the rain... "Blame it on the rain, that was falling - falling. Blame it on the stars that shine at night..." Okay so I am dating myself by writing a line from an old Milli Vanilli song... Hey, can't help it - I liked them, lip syncing or not... They had some really good songs... Dang, now I had to go find this song on You-tube...

I am still having trouble with my phone - damn Straight Talk any way!!! They have my account all Messed up - and trust me I am being REALLY nice here!!! I have my old number back, but I can't receive any calls into my phone now... Then the guy told me I didn't have any time for my phone - well let me tell you, I LOST IT!!! I have 20 some days left on my card I bought at the beginning of March, AND a new card that is to be in reserve!!! OMG, lets say I am LIVID!!! A whole week to get this shit figured out and I am still without a phone more or less!!! UGH!!! 

To top it ALL off; tonight is shot night for me, and anyone who has MS and is taking Avonex or any of the Interferon treatments knows what that means...Yeah, I feel kinda flu-ish - like nausea-ish, but I took Ibuprofen and Promethazine (for nausea) so maybe I will feel better in a bit... At dinner time, we splurged and got pizza - nice for a change - I broke a tooth eating what we call the bone - which is only the crust! YIKES!!! So now, my mouth is killing me, right along with the rest of my body... Okay, so the rest of my body pains I am used to and can more or less handle - they are all part of the MS and I have had them for so long, I can just use mental tricks to over ride the pain... However, this pain in my mouth - OMG, I can't deal with!!! The piece of crust was so hard it was like it had something in it... I couldn't even break it pinching it between my nails or cut it with a knife... Now what the hello do I do? It is 7:30 at night and there isn't a dentist open this late at night... I have to deal with the pain all night long!!! I wish I had some magical wand to make it go away!!! I took one of the Percocets that are prescribed for the pain I have in relation to the MS, but it isn't working very well... If I wasn't in so much pain, I wouldn't have taken it because it means - NO SLEEP TONIGHT!!! That is the last thing I need being shot night... I don't know what it is about that pill, but it hypes me up - like I drank a cup of coffee or took some drug like Speed or something!!!


To my friends that I found on Twitter, Facebook, and even here blogging - I received an email from Biogen idec the makers of Avonex. They have a brand new website that offers individuals and families with MS support and individualized support plans to keep you on the right the right track and help with your medical stuff. It is really neat. I went on and checked it out first before deciding to add the link to my blog. I won't ever add any information or websites that is misleading or not helpful to us. It is vital to me that I share information as long as it is only POSITIVE AND HELPFUL. This website is both... Please go check it out for yourself.......http://activesupport.biogenidec.com/PublicHome.html..... 


If you are reading my blog and you ever want to respond to something, please feel free to do so... I will always respond back... If you want to ask questions, know that you will always get an honest answer in return... This blog isn't just for me, it is for you too... We need to support each other in our path through life... Strangers are only friends we haven't met yet...  When I have a good recipe to share I will give it to you here... Please feel free to use it... I only cook with good healthy foods... Nothing from my kitchen is boxed!! My philosophy is If my great grandmother wouldn't recognize it as a food, I do not use it... She never used oleo/margarine so I don't use it... I only use butter, no salt of course... When you have MS, you have to be careful with what you eat - so I am told... Well, I have always been cautious with what I put in my body and with what my children eat... I have always watched preservatives and the such... NO artificial sweeteners - they are worse for you than real sugar is, believe it or not... Not to mention, children with ADHD or seizure disorders should NOT be allowed to eat ANYTHING with any sort or artificial sweeteners in it... It can cause complications with children with these disorders!!! I should know, my eldest daughter has both - I have done the research - statistics are scary...


Well, I suppose I should sign off for tonight... I will try to write again more later today -12:53am right now... Have a blessed day... :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Welcome to the blogsphere. I have MS, was diagnosed in November of 2009. I have been blogging since last May.

    I hope your tooth problem is fixed!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to blogging and it's been a wonderful release for me! The only unfortunate part is I find it's hard to get comments or feedback of any sort.
    I don't country my family and friends! Love can be blinding!
    Ive had MS since 2000 but only recently It's been hard, hence The blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen and Nicole,

    Lets see... Being new to this I want to always try and answer everyone's comments... I feel it is important... Just reaching out to someone you don't know is a risk, but touching their heart is something only God has blessed us with - it is called Friendship... Being able to know there are others out there who go through the same trials and tribulations you do each and every day is comforting, but reaching out to them is building a support system for yourself... Without knowing it, you find that support system, you have found a friend - one that God lead you to without your knowledge... We that suffer from MS circle the globe - many of us will never meet in person, but knowing we are there for each other via the web can be vital to our own sanity - for lack of a better word...

    I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to you both, but I was not feeling well... I did my last blog and logged off... I completely sympathize with you Nicole about living with MS being hard - hence the blogging... That is why I started as well...

    Many blessings,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete