Friday, May 4, 2012

Back after a year...... :)

     WOW! It's been over a year since I have last posted an entry to my blog... That is hard to believe... Then again, with everything that had been going on it isn't... My health, adjustment to medication, family (children) issues, OMGosh what else...

     First things first; my youngest son got married January 2, 2012 to a wonderful girl who completes him and keeps him in check... That is a good thing... They came to us back in November of last year and told us we were going to be grandparents again - their first... Well, we were concerned because of their ages; but I know they are going to be great parents and make it for a lifetime together... They just have that defiant determination and willpower to prove everyone who doubts them WRONG!!! Our granddaughter Lillian Rannee (pronounced Renee) is due to be born soon... I am so excited... I just know that Mikey and Shoni are going to make wonderful parents... Mikey was always excellent with Scotty - my oldest son Jeffrey's son... Any child or baby actually, Mikey has always been great with... He just has that way with children...

     My eldest daughter was finally diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome... I have been telling the doctor and everyone there was something else wrong besides what she had been diagnosed with... No one seemed to want to believe me... Until, I finally printed off the diagnosing symptoms and highlighted every single one I saw in Krissy... It also helped she knew I had been studying psychology in college before having to drop out due to the MS symptoms... She had read my research report I did on Asperger's syndrome using my daughter as my case study for misdiagnosis and how other symptoms can mask the Asperger's syndrome... Helped make my case I think...

    My health has had it's ups and downs; as I am sure anyone with MS can understand... I don't know what to do about the vibrations that I am currently suffering from, which seem to get worse at night when all is still and I am laying in bed flat on my back... I can't stand it!!! My legs make it feel like I am laying on a vibrating bed you find in a sleazy motel... I can't stand it... My neurologist's CNP wants me to go have a sleep study done because I do not sleep well... She asked me about snoring; yeah well, there is snoring - BUT it isn't me... My husband SNORES like a chain saw running most of the night... Granted when I am sick or my allergies (which by the way are HORRIBLE this year) are flaring up, I do snore slightly; not enough to bother my sleep IF I am alone... MY HUSBAND on the other hand, snores like a fright train - unless he is on his side... Drives me NUTS!!! The vibrations in my legs, his snoring, and any little bump in the night, well it just does not constitute a good night sleep for me... I am not a sound sleeper - unless I am totally exhausted, then I just pass out cold... Yet, she wants me to take a sleep study... It wouldn't be an accurate sleep study unless it was done in my house because I would sleep like a baby in a quiet dark environment... Oh yes, I forgot, John has to sleep with the TV on ALL the time!!! Yes, there are studies that indicate that TV's that are left on ALL night are not conducive to a good nights sleep... Let me tell you, those studies have been done by researchers and published in AMA (American Medical Association) and APA (American Psychological Association) recognized publications. These studies are not just whistling Dixie either... It is the absolute truth... One can not get a good restful nights sleep with the TV on because the mind remains stimulated by the light from the set and by the sound from the show. IF I turn it off when he falls asleep, he turns it back on when he wakes up during the night... UGH, I can't win... So, I just deal with it... I have shown him report after report, flyer after flyer, study after study He reads them, but still doesn't pay any mind to them... I have told him about it and that it's the reason why I don't sleep well, but still...

     So that is what has been happening in my life lately... One nice thing, the Avonex seems to be working well... I have only had to use the power chair a few times since I have had it... I haven't had to use my cane at all - well I refuse to... I have days when walking is hard and painful, but I force myself to do it anyway... I will NOT be stuck in a wheelchair at the age of 42... I am NOT going to just give in and let this beat me... NOT yet... My hands give me the most trouble... They make it difficult to drive and I have to stick my hands threw the steering wheel so I can maintain control of my van because I don't have the strength in my grasp to hold the steering wheel correctly... Thank God, I am a good driver and watch everything... I wish there was an easier way to drive, but one does what they must... I just don't drive far with out another driver with me - just in case...

    I hope all is well with everyone else... Take care all and be safe!!! HUGS and SMILES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment