Sunday, May 27, 2012

OMGosh WTF??? I Fell Out of Bed!!!

     Yep, that's just what I said... I fell out of bed Thursday night... I was sound asleep and I do mean SOUND ASLEEP when PLOP right on my aspirin bottom I went... I don't know why or how, but off onto the floor with a huge Kerplop I went!!! Surprise Surprise!!! I was stunned!!! I screamed for my husband John to wake up and help me get back up into bed... He was just as stunned as I was... He thought he had kicked me out of bed and could do nothing but apologize to me for doing so... I had to tell him that he wasn't the one who did it, I just fell... I didn't know what the hell happened... I was sleeping one minute and the next thing I knew I was on the floor and IT REALLY F**KING HURTS!!! I was laughing and crying at the same time... Laughing because it was actually funny that a 42 year old woman ACTUALLY fell out of bed like a 4 year old child... Crying because it HURT LIKE HELL!!! My WHOLE left side ached like all get out, but I was TOO tired and TOO groggy to want to go to the hospital to get checked out... In the morning, I didn't think anything of the fall... I just carried on as usual... I got dressed, put on some eye liner and mascara, and did my hair so I looked presentable when I took our dog Bear to Angie's school for her presentation on Chow's... BUT as the day progressed, I started feeling worse and worse... The pain was getting unbearable... Nothing I did was making it go away... I took some Ibuprofen, but I was still in a lot of pain... I did some meditation - YEAH NO, that didn't help... So, it was time that I buckled down, swallowed my pride, and went to the hospital to get evaluated... My neck hurt, my left shoulder hurt, my left elbow hurt, my left wrist hurt and was swollen, my left hip and knee hurt, and my tail bone hurt... John agreed it was time to be evaluated by medical professional and since I couldn't get into see my family doctor - plus I would be sent to the ER for x-rays anyway, it was best to just go to the ER...

     So off to the ER we went... I gave them the down low of my health history - previous surgeries, meds list, the whole nine... Even though I told them first and foremost that I had discs removed out of my neck and that my neck hurt really bad, the only thing they x-rayed or were only really concerned with was my wrist... Now my neck is still really bugging me causing both my arms and hands to be spastic and pins & needlely and my shoulders to hurt BOTH of them... In between my shoulders hurt so I think I jarred my neck really bad... Seeing that I am missing discs in my neck it made the fall from my bed even worse on me I think... I was told any sudden jar could cause issues with my neck and the ER doc didn't even seem concerned with it... Thank God I have an appointment with my neurologist on the 31st... He will certainly be concerned with it... He will not be very happy that they were not more concerned about my neck... My neurologist is a God send when it comes to my health... He is more like a father figure, I dare say, because he is quite anal when it comes to my care - any of his patients care... That is what makes him an excellent doctor - He actually cares about his patients!!! He takes time with them... I mean really, how many neurologists actually give their patients their personal cell phone number to use when ever they need it??? NONE that I know of - well except for MINE!!! Yeah, that's right Y'all, be jealous!!! I have the BEST neurologist in the whole damn COUNTRY!!! Just kidding... I am sure there are other good neurologists in the country, but I know I have one of the best... I know for a fact there isn't many doctor's that would give their personal cell phone number to their patients to use at anytime if they needed them, if at all any in fact... Dr. Britton is the first one I have ever come across...

     So here I sit, three days later... My whole left side still hurts including my ass-bone... Crazy isn't it??? I still don't know what happened... Yesterday I slept the whole day away - for the most part - because of my Avonex shot on Friday night... I am grateful for that... I didn't feel too much pain because of having the bed to myself the whole day... That and I was flipping around for the most part from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed - on and off of my right side... My family kept coming in my bedroom checking on me periodically during the day; either making me eat, making sure I took my meds, or just checking to see if I needed anything, so I would flip around... Gotta love my family though, at least they care enough to make sure I am okay during the day when I am "sick" because of my shot... It surprised them, I am usually down stairs by 11:30 - 12:00 noon on my shot days... But for some strange reason, yesterday I was down all day... Must be my body trying to heal from the fall... I don't know... I do know it was a strange day for both me and my family... I feel better today, still sore, but better... My neck still hurts like hell causing me issues with my hands and arms - muscle spasticisticy, but like I said I have that appointment with Dr. Britton on the 31st... It has taken me almost an hour to compose this blog - crazy as it may seem - because my neck has caused my arms and hands to spasm so I have to take many breaks... Oh well, such as life with MS right??? I suppose so... It's a crazy way to have to live, but it's the way we have to, huh??? Oh well... Grin and bear it... Suck it up buttercup... What ever other slang definitive you want to use... I guess that is what I have to do...

     It's one of those times when I would just like to scream in someone's face, "Ya know what, I HAVE MS! It's kind of hard to just suck it up and deal with it... I deal with pain every damn day of my miserable fucking life!!! Why in the hell should I have to deal with pain caused by my falling out of bed!!! Do your damn job man and figure out what the hell is wrong with me... It's more than just bumps and bruises, sprains and strains... I really messed up my neck!!!" But of course, I am too nice of a person to do such a thing... Maybe I shouldn't be so nice... I should scream in these peoples faces!!! I mean really, it is their jobs... But, my neurologist will take care of it... Okay, so my life isn't as miserable as I am making it out to be... Just like most of you MSers out there I have my ups and my downs, my good days and my bad days... We are all entitled to have a day or two where we feel sorry for ourselves - or want to scream at the world... I don't feel sorry for myself,  per say, but I am kind of mad that people who are supposed to be medical professional do not pay attention when you tell them what is wrong with you... So now I have to wait to see my neurologist because there is no way in hell I am going to go back to the ER, not just to be told that I am just battered and bruised, strained and sprained when I know something else is wrong... EVEN if it means a trip into the dreaded MRI machine again - UH OH, good loopy drugs!!! YAY!!! NOT!!! LOL... So I am venting to all my MS friends who totally understand where I am coming from... I will just keep on smiling because that is all I can do...

Hugs and Smiles to all <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment